Congratulations to SIU 3L students Sam Wright and Michael Ruel, each of whom had commentaries published in the January–March 2007 issue of the Journal of Legal Medicine. Professors Basanta and Kapp also contributed articles, and Professor Behan contributed a book review.
- Michael D. Ruel, "Vanity Tax": How New Jersey Has Opened Pandora's Box by Elevating Its Moral Judgment About Cosmetic Surgery Without Consideration of Fair Health Care Policy, 28 J. Legal Med. 119 (2007).
- Samuel L. Wright, Protecting the Right to Medical Treatment from the War on Terror: The Status of Guantanamo Bay Detainees, 28 J. Legal Med. 135 (2007).
- W. Eugene Basanta, Consumer-Driven Health Care: Legal and Policy Implications, 28 J. Legal Med. 1 (2007).
- Marshall B. Kapp, Patient Autonomy in the Age of Consumer-Driven Health Care: Informed Consent and Informed Choice, 28 J. Legal Med. 91 (2007).
- Christopher W. Behan, Bioethics and Armed Conflict: Moral Dilemmas of Medicine and War, 28 J. Legal Med. 163 (2007) (book review).