As you prepare for your oral arguments, you may want to listen to oral arguments in real cases:
- U.S. Supreme Court oral arguments at the OYEZ Project (click on "Cases" then year and case name);
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Oral Argument recordings;
- Florida Supreme Court oral arguments;
- Indiana Supreme Court and Court of Appeals oral arguments;
- North Dakota Supreme Court oral arguments;
- Wisconsin Supreme Court oral arguments.
And here is some advice from judges:
- Daniel H. Bromberg, Keep Oral Arguments on Target: Appellate Judges Have Plenty to Say About What They Expect—and Need–from Advocates, 29 Natl. L.J. S1 (Feb. 19, 2007) on Westlaw (password required) or on 2nd floor with the newspapers;
- Evan Schaeffer, Arguing Motions: Work Hard to Connect the Dots, The Illinois Trial Practice Weblog, Feb. 24, 2006;
- Bench & the Bar, an interview with three judges about what they look for in an attorney and what they expect, The Legal Talk Network: Lawyer 2 Lawyer, Mar. 7, 2007.